Sometimes, everything goes wrong.

I left Australia on June 19th and spent around 48 hours in transit before arriving in Charlotte, North Carolina. Once there, there was a lot of getting to know people and preparing for Mykee and Faith’s wedding. My few days there went by in such a blur, but it was plenty of fun getting to know my new sister’s family. A few days later I found myself in Vancouver with my parents and on my way to the Canadian Passport office with hopes of getting my passport renewed; however, due to my lack of thoroughness, I was not able to renew my passport. With mild frustration, we traveled back to Terrace with an expectation of renewing my passport via mail while I was at home.  Back in Terrace, we filled out the proper application form and attempted to take it in, only to realize that I need a form of photo ID (Insert joke about not having a driver’s license here.). From one government office to another, we finally had an application for a provincial ID card submitted and began the wait to receive the appropriate ID in the mail. While in the process of filling out papers and driving around town, we learned that there is a pending postal strike within the nation of Canada – great timing mail persons – which could mean that I would not receive my ID in time to renew my passport and make my flight back to Australia. I cried in the car outside the Service Canada building – my mother’s car, I can’t drive remember? A few days later and it was time for wedding #2! It poured down rain and we had a complete blast. The following day, I was packed up and headed out to our camp property just out of town to set up for a week of church summer camp. It`s kind of funny how, in a time of crisis and needing to be in contact with people, I spent a week without internet and it was the most peaceful thing in the world. I had the privilege of leading a cabin of girls, reminiscing over my old camp days and being reunited with old friends. God did awesome things in the lives of every camper and staff and He spoke volumes to me about being where I am called to be and following His call on my life to the nations. With all this passport mumbo-jumbo happening, I was quite discouraged and began contemplating never leaving the country again. But spending a week encouraging youth to obey the call that God has placed on their lives to be SENT, reminded me that God has sent me to Australia and, as long as I am obedient, nothing will prevent me from fulfilling that calling – not finances, not passports, not anything else. Also, since I have a serious inability to sleep in, I was super blessed with spending my mornings sitting on a picnic bench by the baseball field listening to the world waking up and getting God’s heart for the people in my life – it’s pretty amazing how humbling it is to sit amidst creation and just listen to the earth breathing and realize that the God who made the whole world is the one who is providing for me and guiding me. Anyway, camp ended on Saturday morning, and after a quick stop at home to shower and re-pack, I was off to Prince George. Two NyQuil capsules and 6 1/2 hours later, my mother, sister-in-law, and I arrived at our hotel and jumped into the hot tub before having a long-awaited restful sleep. (Camp beds aren’t good for sleeping.) Sunday brought shopping and catching up with an old friend. It was awesome to connect with someone and be encouraged – Marissa, I love you. Monday morning, bright and early, brought a whole bunch of nerves and a drive to a dental clinic to get my wisdom teeth removed. After being terrified by hearing everything that could go wrong during surgery and then being fully sedated, the process went super smoothly and quickly and before I knew it, I was in the car on my way back to Terrace. That brings me up to a couple of days ago. The last two days have been spent hanging out with family and icing my cheeks to avoid any possible swelling before we get family photos taken on Saturday. To be honest, I am doing super well with my recovery and have no swelling and the most minimal pain – the lady who filled my antibiotics prescription didn’t even think I’d had the surgery yet! So I’m super thankful that everything with my teeth went really well – now I’m avoiding any food that isn’t liquid and living with a strong fear of something called “DRY SOCKET”. All in all, this is probably what I need most – chill time with family and some time to myself with all of my thoughts and the LORD.

“What’s next?”, you may be wondering. Well, let me tell you. Thankfully, the postal people have not yet gone on strike, which means I should be receiving my ID card in the mail any day now. Once I have that, I’ll be flying down to Vancouver hopefully next Wednesday and going to the passport office and getting my new shiny passport by Thursday! If that all goes according to plan, I’ll be on a plane bound for Australia the following Friday. Once I am back in Newcastle, I’m hoping to be a part of the School of Innovative Youth Ministry, however, I still do not have the funds in order to do the school. I’m still in need of about $5000 to cover some staff fees and the course fees. If you are interested in helping out financially, please message me! If giving financially isn’t an option, please keep me in your thoughts and prayers as I wait to see these finances come in! I’ve seen God do some pretty incredible things in my life already and I know that providing $5000 in a week is nothing to Him. If you have any questions for me, let me know! I’m always keen to chat and share my heart! I’ll be in Terrace for another week, so if you’re wanting to meet up, let me know and I’d love to find time to grab coffee or something. Thank you so much for taking the time to catch up with what I’m up to! Keep an eye on my blog to hear about what God does next!

Much Love,


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s